FDM 3D printing technology – advanced course
Course aims:Having completed the course, participants:
- Properly pick and use materials used for FDM 3D printing
- Can use slicing software on an advanced level - perfecting the quality of prints
- Detect and remove mechanical problems
- Are able to manage a printing farm
- Use multi-headed 3D printers
Watch the video to see how our 3D printing course looks like:
Czytaj powiązane wpisy na naszym blogu
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
- Review of different types of printers in FDM technology:
- Differences in kinematics - advantages and disadvantages of particular solutions
- Direct drive vs bowden extruder
- For differences in kinematics - advantages and disadvantages of
- Types of tables
- Two and more printing heads
- Cutting software - advanced parameter management
- Slic3r Prusa Edition
- Simplify 3D
- Detailed review of the materials with focus on technical materials
- Nylon, carbon, ABS, PET, POM, PC
- Composites: metallic, woodfill, bronzefill, etc.
- Flexible materials
- Control system - review of open systems
- Control Gcodes M and G
- Review of defects in prints - examples, diagnosis, potential solutions
- Remote printer operation, wifi, live view
- Printer farm management
- Management in LAN
- Preparing the model
- Work arrangement
- Printer farm management systems
- Vertical 9
- Voodoo manufacturing
- Continuous Build 3D Demonstrator
- Multi-head printers
- Basics of modeling
- Preparing a model in a slicer
- Generating executable files
- Calibration and starting the print
- Basics of modeling for the purposes of 3D printing
- Reverse engineering – 3D scanning
- Printing advanced models - preparation and postprocessing
- Color prints – calibrating the printer, preparing the models and generating executable files
- Software update
- Fixing basic fault in a FDM printer
- Basic modifications
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!