Basics of drive systems
- Introduction to the basic aspects of drive systems
- Introduction to the basic aspects of industrial electrical engineering
- Learning about the types of electric motors in the aspect of their application in the industry
- Acquiring the skills of proper selection and configuration of electric drive systems’ parameters
- Understanding the aspects of drive systems’ mechanics influencing the occurrence of failures and defects of electric drives
- Introduction to the capabilities offered by the modern drives
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
day 3 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
We are available if you have any questions or concerns
Apply or enquire about the course
regarding the accuracy of selected training
Participants have at their disposal individual training positions designed to learn the tasks and industrial solutions based on the electrical drives using frequency converters. Each position is fitted with the frequency converter featuring digital and analog signal simulator. Each converter is connected to the asynchronous electric motor.
There are two types of training positions, featuring different types of inverters:Parker AC 890 SD
- Power 0,55 kW
- 7 digital inputs
- 3 digital outputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 2 analog outputs
- Communication interface: PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Power 0,25 kW
- 6 digital input
- 3 digital output
- 1 analog input
- Communication interface: PROFIBUS
- Power supply: 50 Hz, 230/400 V
- Power: 0,18 kW
- RPM 1350/min
- Electric current: 0,97/0,56 A
- Power supply: 50 Hz, 230/400 V
- Power: 0,25 kW
- RPM 1300/405 rpm (motor and gearbox)
- Electric current: 1,27/0,73 A
It is also possible to include two extra Parker inverters driving pumps of hydraulic power supplies (the bigger one – 11 kW). Devices can be plugged while observing the operation of drive system under actual service conditions.
Our equipment allows the participants to perform tasks based on the actual elements applied in industrial automation.
DSE 890 – an easy to use configuration, commissioning and monitoring tool with graphical interface for the Parker 890 range of frequency drives.
MOVITOOLS MOTION STUDIO – the software enables parameterization, programming and diagnostics and data backup of SEW power inverters and controllers.WORKBENCH – a tool that provides for selection of application components.
Expert in automation with over 20 years of experience supported by implementations of complex industrial automation systems and maintenance of large production lines including the first PCS7 installation in Poland. He is a graduate from the faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science of the Silesian University of Technology.
His professional career is primarily focused on PLC and SCADA programming; he has completed numerous complex projects and contributed to the modernization of many automation systems. He has worked as a teacher for over 10 years and has successfully trained many young engineers. Students see him as a passionate and active tutor with extensive professional knowledge.
He specializes in SIEMENS products and systems such as: SINAMIC s7 300/400, SIMATIC STEP 7, TIA PORTAL, PROTOOL, PCS7, WINCC FLEXIBLE, WINCC, WINCC PROFESSIONAL, MICROMASTER and SINAMICS S,G drives. He is the author of many excellent documentations and course programs and the courses tutored by him are particularly valued by the participants
Participants of the course Basics of drive systems receive a textbook covering all the topics and problems discussed during the course. Additionally, they have access to technical documentation (DTR) of the devices used during the course.
Benefits for participants
- Describe the design of electric motors
- Describe the design and functions of frequency converters
- Select motor-inverter drive systems
- Parametrize and launch electric drives
- Understand the influence of parameters on functionality and economics of the drive systems
- Maintenance services
- Implementation staff
- Power engineers
- Anyone interested in modern drive systems