Specjalistyczne pomoce dydaktyczne
Nasze laboratorium CNC
Material engineering laboratory
Training rooms and laboratories designed to learn about plastics are large, spacious and air-conditioned. The stations for students feature all necessary specialist equipment. Each participant has at their disposal a PC with simulation software, the latest product catalogues and full access to specialist laboratory equipment.
Our training laboratories enable the students to use industrial laboratory equipment and components provided by leading manufacturers – ZWICK/ROELL, Meusburger, IGUS.
During classes, students do many practical exercises using diversified training and laboratory workstations.
Zwick/Roell ProLine 10 kN Tensile Testing Machine
The machine is used in functional component testing and standardized material testing. The machine features the equipment for tensile testing, bending and compressing with the extensometer for elongation measurement and a system-compatible table to set the machine and a PC:
- Fmax 10 kN,
- Table-top model,
- Two column load frame, H Series,
- 2 steel columns,
- 2 spindle drives with initial load that guarantee clearance-free machine operation,
- test area without the case: 1050 x 440 mm (height x width),
- brushless and maintenance free AC servo drive,
- test speed within the load range 0 – 10 kN:0,0005 … 1000 mm/min,
- accuracy of the speed setting: 0,05 % of the preset value,
- positioning accuracy: +/-2 μm,
- innovative testControl II electronics.
Zwick Mflow plastometer
A plastometer is used to determine Melt Flow Rate (MFR) and Melt Volume Rate (MVR):
- The device determines MFR and MVR of plastics in compliance with standards: ISO 1133, ASTM D 1328, ASTM D 3364, NF T51-038, JIS K 7210
- Test loads included in the basic unit: 0,325 i 2,16 kg
- Elements: filler funnel, cleaning accessories, USB cable
- Power input: 500W
- Pressure point soft touch keypad
- LCD graphic display, backlit
- Test load range: 0,325 to 21,6 kg
- Temperature range: +50 degrees C to +450 degrees C
ZWICK Charpy Impact Tester
A device is used to test the impact strength of plastics. a classic drop weight testers function on the principle of a linear fall movement. A mass with an impact object is released from a height that is usually defined. Since no other measurement follows specimen penetration, these simple drop weight testers are used for go/no go analysis with the staircase method or in around-the-clock method.
Analog Shore hardness testers
During our training courses, we use analog hardness testers with tripods for Shore A and D durometers and sets of 3 rubber durometer scales of Shore A and D.
Polymeric materials for identification
During practical part of the training course in plastics each participant receives a set of samples and a list of plastics to identify. Plastics that we use for the identification purposes are: PE, PP-R, CPVC, PP, PVC, PCV, ABS, PC, PCV SP, PMA, PMMA, PET, PE, high-density PE, PA, POM, PTFE, POM-C, PEEK, PETP, PU.
Preparing the samples for testing
The participants, with no assistance, prepare samples for tests, for instance using Shore durometers.
Samples and plastics granulates for laboratory testing
For all testing purposes, we use specially prepared samples. The underlying objective in testing the molding materials is a high degree of repeatability. It requires limiting the number of sample types:
- Dumbbell-shaped specimens for strength tests made of 7 types of plastics (PMMA, HDPE, PP, PC, PS, PA, PAGF30)
- Beams for impact tests made of 7 types of plastics (PMMA, HDPE, PP, PC, PS, PA, PAGF30)
- Granulates to determine the melt flow rate made of 8 types of plastics (POLYETHYLENE HD, POLYPROPHYLENE HP 456J, POLYPROPHYLENE HP 500N, PC 1220 U, POLYSTYRENE 535, POLYAMIDE PA6, PA66 G30, PMMA 205)
Ready elements and work pieces made of plastics
The laboratory is also equipped with a variety of ready products made of plastics – elements of car upholstery, cases, bearings made of plastics, industrial joints, car light. Elements are used to present exemplary work or defects.