- Basic standards applying to engineering design record
- Reading technical documentation and identifying errors
- Mastering freehand sketch and the rules of projection according to the European method
- Dimensioning of simple and complex engineering structures
- Basic methods of encoding markings on technical drawings
- Identifying processing methods based on the design record
- Calculating fits and selecting tolerances of machine parts; solving dimension chains
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
day 3 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
We are available if you have any questions or concerns
Apply or enquire about the course
regarding the accuracy of selected training
- Standardization in the engineering drawing
- Standardized elements in the engineering drawing:
- guidelines for drawing lines
- technical writing (handwritten and CAD systems)
- drawing sheet formats (dimensions, layout, areas, organization diagram)
- title blocks
- drawing scales
- Variants of technical drawings (including: execution drawings, exploded view drawings and assembly drawings).
- Graphic representation forms of three-dimensional objects:
- general guidelines for selection of basic view or projection
- axonometric profiles (isometric projection, diametric projection, axonometric projection)
- Methods and guidelines for rectangular projection:
- rectangular projection according to the European E method and American A method
- simplified drawings on the views of projected objects
- Sections (general rules, standards, methods of denoting sections).
- 7. General principles of dimensioning:
- chain, parallel, combined dimensioning
- linear dimensioning, dimensioning angles, diameters and radii of arcs of circles
- dimensioning of bases: engineering, machining (technological and measuring)
- Marking surface roughness of items shown in drawings:
- surface roughness
- surface waviness
- state of the surface after the heat treatment and application of coatings
- Marking inaccuracies of forms and dimensions, including:
- shape deviations
- form and position deviations
- fits of compressed units
- A simplified representation of typical machine elements, including:
- separable and permanent connections
- roller bearings
- wheels and gears
- Rules of drawing documentation management (numbering and recording drawings, filing and storing drawings)
- Practical exercises - each of the theoretical blocks is followed by practical exercises that enable the students to test the acquired knowledge and skills for further use at their work. Students work on sketches.
Trainings in technical drawing are taught by highly qualified technical school staff (i.a. Silesian University of Technology). Trainers have extensive technical knowledge and broad experience in training and teaching design record and engineering graphics. What’s more, they are respected practitioners with years of documented work experience in implementation and repair projects as well as experts for national journals. During the trainings, they present the issues related to design record with regard to applicable standards.
Our trainers are open to all suggestions made by the participants. It is very common that during trainings the group discusses the issues beyond the scope of the standard program that cover specific aspects of the students work.
Completed courses also lead to cooperation between EMT Systems and representatives of industrial facilities in the following areas: projects, modernization and commissioning lines.
- Dietrych M., Korewa W., Zygmunt K.: Podstawy Konstrukcji Maszyn, Tom I-II-III, WNT, Warszawa 1998
- Dobrzanski T.: Rysunek techniczny maszynowy, WNT, Warszawa 2001 (oraz nowsze)
- Rydzanicz I.: Rysunek techniczny jako zapis konstrukcji. Zadania, WNT, Warszawa 2004
- Rydzanicz I.: Zapis konstrukcji. Podstawy, Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocławskiej, Wrocław 2000
- Lewandowski T.: Rysunek techniczny dla mechaników, WSiP, Warszawa 1999
The training is intended for the staff of designers, technologists, machine and machine tools operators, as well as maintenance services workers and all those interested in gaining knowledge on technical drawing.
The optimum group for this training is a team of employees working in the same unit (including the manager, technicians and engineers). This way, it is possible to explore the limitations of the workers and gaps in their knowledge and to assess any discrepancies in expectations between the managers and junior staff.
The training program and the nature of the presented materials can be tailored to individual needs of our students. For the purposes of the course, we have developed short tasks checking the skills of students, adjusted to the time constraints of the courses (tests of skills can be carried out in a graphic programs – an option dedicated to engineering designers and managers using CAD environment in their everyday work, or by sketching – an option dedicated to production staff, facilitating quick save design based on freehand sketch).
Benefits for participants
- Prepare design records for real parts and use the existing standards
- Understand the engineering drawing to the extent necessary to identify the actions needed to implement, assembly and disassembly machinery components
- Identify parts and relationships conditioning a correct design assembly
- Read execution and exploded view drawings and the relationships between the components
- Manage the design documentation in accordance with applicable standards
- Avoid errors in analyzing execution drawings prepared in accordance with standards other than by the European E method