Basics of casting technology
Our competences were trusted by:
Objectives:Upon completion of the course participants:
- Possess the knowledge about broadly defined casting technologies
- Understand the influence of chemical composition of casting alloys on the properties of casts
- Know the most significant processes of melting casting alloys and the guidelines for making the melts
- Know the basics of designing casts, molds (disposable and solids molds) and the cores as well as the casting process
- Understand the causes of the most common casting defects and methods of preventing them
- Possess advanced knowledge about the pressure die-casting technology, including the aspect of durability of casting mold and specific casting defects
- Understand the role and possibilities provided by computer-aided casting processes
- Knows heat treatment procedures using iron casts and nonferrous metal casts
- Are aware of the condition of foundry industry worldwide and the perspectives for its development
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
Trainings can be conducted at client‘s premises (foundry) or in EMT-Systems training rooms. In this case, some classes take place in laboratories of our partner school, equipped with all tools and materials necessary to practice the forming process and to examine molding material properties.
Tutor in this course is long-serving academic teacher specializing in the field of metal casting. He possesses extensive industrial experience, also as a tutor of courses for the engineers working in foundries. He was awarded a number of certificates and qualifications in quality and production management systems. He has written many publications (including industry magazines) and spent two years working as an apprentice in the leading industrial plants, also abroad. Practical activities will be supervised by the mold maker with many years of experience in manual production of molds.
- Perzyk M., Waszkiewicz S., Kaczorowski M., Jopkiewicz A., Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa 2004
- Tabor A., Rączka J. S. Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwo FOTOBIT, Kraków 1996
- Lewandowski J. L., Tworzywa na formy odlewnicze, Wydawnictwo „Akapit”, Kraków 1997
- Collective work edited by Cholewa M., Wybrane procesy odlewnicze – laboratorium, Wyd. Politechniki Śląskiej, Gliwice 2008
- Rączka J., Stryjski J., Tabor A., Technologia odlewnictwa. Projektowanie nowoczesnych metod wykonywania odlewów, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków 1994
- Rączka J., Tabor A., Technologia odlewnictwa – Projektowanie, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków 1994
- They key element of the course is presentation, in the form of intelligible lectures, the content included in the course program
- The lectures are based on a variety of multimedia materials, and the trainer uses a number of teaching aids, showpieces and examples
- The classes take form of workshops and discussions
Benefits for participants
- Gaining general knowledge about the significance of casting technology in the modern machinery manufacturing industry
- Exploring fundamental casting technologies with focus on their advantages, disadvantages and uses
- Acquiring skills of producing simple molds using quartz-clay molding sand
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!