Basic Casting Technologies
Our competences were trusted by:
Course aim:After completing the training, the participant:
- Has knowledge of the importance of casting as the basic technique for manufacturing machine parts
- Knows the basic casting technologies and methods of making molds and foundry cores
- Knows the process of making simple casting molds from quartz-clay mass
- Knows the problem of casting defects, their causes and methods of preventing them
- Knows the most important health and safety rules in a metal foundry
Target group:The training is addressed to people who want to acquire basic or deepen their knowledge in the field of casting.
See the laboratory
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00 day 3 h. 9.00 - 16.00
- A certificate of completion
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature (regarding stationary training)
- Writing aids (pen, notebook) - regarding stationary training
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice (regarding stationary training)
Trainings can be conducted at client‘s premises (foundry) or in EMT-Systems training rooms. In this case, some classes take place in laboratories of our partner school, equipped with all tools and materials necessary to practice the forming process and to examine molding material properties.
Tutor in this course is long-serving academic teacher specializing in the field of metal casting. He possesses extensive industrial experience, also as a tutor of courses for the engineers working in foundries. He was awarded a number of certificates and qualifications in quality and production management systems. He has written many publications (including industry magazines) and spent two years working as an apprentice in the leading industrial plants, also abroad. Practical activities will be supervised by the mold maker with many years of experience in manual production of molds.
- Perzyk M., Waszkiewicz S., Kaczorowski M., Jopkiewicz A., Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa 2004
- Tabor A., Rączka J. S. Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwo FOTOBIT, Kraków 1996
- Lewandowski J. L., Tworzywa na formy odlewnicze, Wydawnictwo „Akapit”, Kraków 1997
- Collective work edited by Cholewa M., Wybrane procesy odlewnicze – laboratorium, Wyd. Politechniki Śląskiej, Gliwice 2008
- Rączka J., Stryjski J., Tabor A., Technologia odlewnictwa. Projektowanie nowoczesnych metod wykonywania odlewów, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków 1994
- Rączka J., Tabor A., Technologia odlewnictwa – Projektowanie, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków 1994
- They key element of the course is presentation, in the form of intelligible lectures, the content included in the course program
- The lectures are based on a variety of multimedia materials, and the trainer uses a number of teaching aids, showpieces and examples
- The classes take form of workshops and discussions
Benefits for participants
- Gaining general knowledge about the significance of casting technology in the modern machinery manufacturing industry
- Exploring fundamental casting technologies with focus on their advantages, disadvantages and uses
- Acquiring skills of producing simple molds using quartz-clay molding sand
During each training day, participants receive:
- Unlimited access to the Cechownia Cafe coffee bar, serving tea and high-quality freshly ground coffee. The bar is equipped with:
- NECTO Karisma - a professional espresso machine of Italian production.
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 - a professional espresso machine made in Switzerland.
- Two-course dinner - a combination of traditional, home-made flavors with meals served in restaurants.