CAN and CANopen
- Familiarizing the CAN standards
- Learning the structure and capacities of networks based on CAN bus
- Gaining specialist knowledge on the CAN bus configuration
- Acquiring practical skills of connecting and configuring devices plugged into the CAN bus
- Individual workstations
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
day 3 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
We are available if you have any questions or concerns
Apply or enquire about the course
regarding the accuracy of selected training
- General CAN bus characteristics
- Basic standards applied in CAN bus
- CAN in Automation
- Physical layer:
- TNetwork topology according to ISO11898-2
- Electrical connection to the bus, voltage levels
- Basic connectors
- Data link layer:
- Base and extended data frame
- Data frame, Remote Transmission Request, error frames
- Status of the bus node
- CANopen® application layer::
- CiA specifications
- CANopen device model
- CANopen protocols (NMT, SDO, PDO, EMCY, SYNC)
- Identifier structure
- Object dictionary
- Operational status
- Layer Setting Services (LSS)
- CANopen Safety (EN 50325-5)
- Exercises in the CAN bus configuration:
- Tools for the CAN bus configuration and diagnostics
- Configuration of typical sensors (pressure, I/O module, hydraulic distributors etc.)
- Launching CAN bus and testing, reconfiguration
Konwertery CAN-USB z oprogramowaniem narzędziowym (PC). Elementy sieci CAN z okablowaniem.
Participants of the courses work on the CANstudio software, which is an advanced tool, created for designers, integrators and service technicians of the devices and networks using CAN technology. It’s compatible with the CAN/USB converter, type CRUSB. It facilitates configuration of the devices with CAN interface, in particular with the CANopen® protocol as well as those based on LSS. It enables the users to design networks comprising multiple nodes and save the final configuration. Monitoring the network operation is easy thanks to the use of windows displaying the incoming frames, numeric windows and graphic representation of data.
Courses are conducted by experienced specialists in programming devices with CAN field bus and structure of the systems based on the bus both in civil and military systems.
Aim of the course
The aim of this course is providing comprehensive and specialist knowledge (theoretical and practical) on the operation and application of CAN bus, both considering hardware layer, data link layer and CANopen application layer. Due to its reliability, CAN bus is widely used in many branches of industry such as automotive, machine, military and rail industry. The course offers a transparent and synthetic approach to teaching about CAN bus technology. Participants are given the opportunity to practice with CAN bus devices, network structure and configuration methods.
Benefits for participants
- Gain necessary information to apply CAN field bus in practice
- Develop theoretical foundations for unassisted problem solving
- Learn about the examples of practical applications of the field bus
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- A two-course lunch – our cuisine is a combination of traditional, home-made meals known from the modern milk bars and dishes served in restaurants. Every day, there is a selection of soups and main courses.
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.