Chemoset and thermoset polymeric composites - introduction to polymer chemistry, composite properties and manufacturing methods
After completion of the course, the participant:
- Possesses knowledge of the selected aspects of polymer chemistry
- Possesses knowledge of polymer materials and fillers used to manufacture composites
- Has learnt about polymers as materials of specific performance characteristics
- Knows theoretical and practical basics of manufacturing composite structures using the selected methods
- Knows practical methods of testing resins and composite materials
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
- basic concepts in the field of composite materials
- division and characteristics of plastics
- chemical structure of polymers and the influence of chemical structure on their properties, with particular emphasis on chemically curing polymers
- discussion of the chemistry of the crosslinking process of selected resins
- Producing a composite with manual lamination method using a gel coat, selected reinforcements and resins - discussion of the method
- creating a multilayer composite by infusion - a discussion of the process
- creation of a multilayer composite using a vacuum bag (vacuum bagging)
| Theoretical classes|
| Practical session|
Participants of the courses have at their disposal equipment and machines available in a given workplace. We can also use the documentation provided by the Client.
Training sessions are carried out by industrial representatives and long-standing member of academic staff from units of higher education with considerable experience in implementation and repair projects. Our tutors work for large industrial plants solving technical problems and performing engineering tasks.
Benefits for participants
- Use the fundamental terms in the field of plastics processing
- Understand the basic theory presented during the course
- Understand the necessity of respecting rules for machine exploitation
- Know how to apply the acquired information in practical aspects of their work
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!