- Practical knowledge of extrusion shaping methods
- Advanced knowledge of tools for cutting, bending and shaping
- Designing technological processes for extruded products
Laboratories of The Engineering Training Centre in Gliwice
Terms, costs of participation, location and training program are being set individually with the customer
2500 PLN (net price), approximately 600 €
- An extensive practical course on extrusion shaping
- Course materials
- Teaching aids (notebook, pen)
- Company advertising gadgets (mug, lanyard, bottle opener, catalogues)
- Daily unlimited coffee bar (including several types of biscuits and fresh fruit)
- Full two-course lunch with beverages
- Certificate of completion in Polish and English
General technical knowledge
Day 1: 9.00 - 16.00
Day 2: 9.00 - 16.00
Day 3: 9.00 - 16.00
Participants of our courses are entitled to a two-course meal and have unlimited access to Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar
This course is also available as a closed training where the dates, price, locations and the content is settled individually with the Client
After the training course each participant acquires billingual, personal certificate
descriptively confirming acquired skills according to implemented ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 29990:2010 TüV NORD Polska procedures.
- Extrusion - theoretical background
- Basic terms, extruded products division
- Characteristics of extrusion methods: cutting, bending and shaping with the focus on their practical application in industry
- Current trends regarding extrusion methods in industrial conditions
- Pressing of laser-welded blanks
- Hot forming
- Incremental forming etc.
- Production of various extruded elements on mechanized, automated and robotized lines – examples and analysis
- Classification and characteristics of pressings:
- Characteristics and properties of sheet metal and steel belts used on extruded constructions with advanced high strength steels (AHSS) and laser welded blanks
- Technological properties of materials – Evaluation of susceptibility to extrusion - overview of formability evaluation attempts and their application in industry
- Use of image analysis technique to examine the distribution of local deformation on the pressings in order to enhance the technological properties of feedstock. Evaluation of stresses and deformation in extrusion operations
- Pressing tools
- Classificationa and features of press tools. Division into metal cutting tools, core cutters, metal bending tools, bending dies, shaping dies, drawing dies, rubber pads, hydraulic pressing tools.
- Combination, progressive and transfer dies
- Overview of the characteristics of basic materials used for manufacturing press tools
- Machines and tools used in extrusion
- Overview of extrusion presses and brief characteristics of auxiliary device groups.
- Basic rules and parameters for selecting extrusion dies.
- „Green machines” – effective and ecological use of production cycle devices in pressing halls
- Comparison of extrusion to other manufacturing methods. Guidelines for designing technological processes for extruded products.
- Possibilities of modifying properties of tool materials
- Heat treatment of extrusion tools. Influence of temperature of the tools on the results of shaping feedstock. Structural conditions influencing heating and cooling of extrusion dies
- Tool coatings, advantages and disadvantages of various coats
- Materials used to manufacture spare parts:
- Overview of steel materials and alloys with special properties used to manufacture spare parts for extrusion dies and presses
- Basic rules of regenerating used extrusion dies. Overview of the regeneration methods and techniques such as hardfacing of used layers in order to rebuild tool geometry, recoating the tool with PVD and CVD layers
- Typical design and assembly-related mistakes regarding extrusion tools: mistakes in the design process, mistakes in the production of tools and their compatibility with press lines, mistakes in resetting and launching the production process and exploitation errors.
Our rooms and laboratories are AC equipped and spacious. During the training we use various exhibits and elements used in extrusion processes.
We discuss most common faults and how to abate them. Plastic working processes are analysed based on video materials.
Examples of the use of a commercial extrusion modelling and simulation software, such as: Eta/Dynaform, Pam Stamp, Catia, Unigraphix, Forge itp. (no practical exercises for participants).
The trainer is a graduate of doctoral studies at the Faculty of Materials Engineering and Metallurgy of the Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice as well as a member of the academic staff of this facility and specializes in the field of metal forming processes. He has over 10 years of experience in working for metal forming industry – automotive and aviation industries, including 4 years as a trainer conducting courses for engineers, press shop workers and maintenance services. He has been awarded a number of certificates in project management and holds qualifications in the area of physical and numerical methods of simulating manufacturing processes, metal forming and quality and production management. He has published a lot of his papers (also in technical magazines) and gained broad industrial experience through working with many press shops. He conducted research on modern pressing methods (including ialor welded blanks pressing) and hydroforming, which led to scientific achievements in these fields. He uses the experience gained in his everyday work in the industry and at the university to give high-quality theory and practice classes.
Each participant receives:
- an original educational script: Extrusion basics
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.
Each day of the course the participants receive:
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!
- A two-course lunch – our cuisine is a combination of traditional, home-made meals known from the modern milk bars and dishes served in restaurants. Every day, there is a selection of soups and main courses.
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- Technicians, engineers and everyone interested in gaining or enhancing their knowledge in the field of extrusion techniques
- Employees of repair and maintenance departments, workers operating die machining tools