SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300/400 programming - basic course
- Introduction to PLC issues
- Design and functions of the Simatic S7-300/400 logic controllers and Simatic Step 7 software
- Learning about the S7 environment with its basic programming functions, configuration and diagnostic tools
- Editing and performing simple controlling tasks in graphic languages LAD, FBD
- Basic STL programming
- 35-hour professional practical course conducted on industrial automations
- Individual training workstation for each participant
- Course materials
- Writing supplies – notepad, pen
- Extra hours of free exercises for the participants of our courses
- Company advertising gadgets - mug, lanyard, bottle opener, course catalogs
- Certificate of completion in 2 languages - Polish and English
- Opportunity to gain knowledge on classes conducted by specialists with extensive practical and teaching experience
day 2 h. 8.00 - 16.00
day 3 h. 8.00 - 16.00
day 4 h. 8.00 - 16.00
day 5 h. 8.00 - 13.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
We are available if you have any questions or concerns
Apply or enquire about the course
regarding the accuracy of selected training
- Short history of PLC.
- The concept of controlling a process or a machine.
- Modular structure of controllers.
- Connecting the PLC to PC.
- Starting a project in STEP 7.
- Configuring the connection with the PLC.
- Hardware configuration.
- PLC inputs / outputs.
- CPU - basic operation.
- Table of symbols.
- Principles of writing programs - structure and elements of programs.
- Logic operations.
- LAD and FBD languages.
- Monitor and testing tools.
- Basics of structured programming - using the functions with no parameters.
- PLC memory.
- Flip-flops and edges.
- Integers in STEP7.
- Numeral systems
- Comparison operators and jumps
- Project management
- Memory cards
- Introduction to STL language
- Monitor tools for programs written in STL
- Functions with no parameters
- Integers in STL
Classrooms and laboratories – air-conditioned, large and spacious. Training workstations have been professionally equipped. Participants have at their disposal individual training workstations designed to learn the tasks and industrial solutions based on the Siemens S7-300/400 controller and Step7 software.
Each workstation is fitted with the controller featuring digital and analog input/output modules connected with the simulator of digital and analog input/output signals. Additionally, each controller is connected with the workstation featuring many elements of industrial automation. Please read the detailed description of the equipment we use.
Siemens SIMATIC S7300/400 controllers with I/O cards
Each participant has at their disposal a workstation based on a PLC. Below, we present technical parameters of the selected controllers.Controller SIEMENS SIMATIC ST-300 (CPU 313C, CPU 313C-2DP, CPU 314C-2DP, CPU 314C-2PN/DP, CPU 315-2DP, CPU 315F-2PN/DP):
- memory depending on the model 128/192/256/512 KB
- 16 or 24 digital inputs
- 16 digital outputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 2 analog outputs
- 3 or 4 fast counters (30 or 60 kHz)
- MPI, Profibus, Profinet interfaces
Each workstation also features a signal generator connected with inputs/outputs of the controller. It enables simulating binary signals and analog input/output signals (0-10V). it is fitted with the electronic voltage indicator. The generator includes:
- 8 buttons generating input signals
- a potentiometer regulating voltage range of the analog input
- display of the analog input voltage
- display of the analog output voltage
WORKSTATIONS WITH ELEMENTS OF AUTOMATION AND MECHANICS
Each participant has at their disposal a set of actuating elements connected with input/output modules of the controller. The workstation enables fast preview of programming results in the form of actual motion of different components, programming cycles, move sequences and others. The workstation is composed of:
- air preparation unit
- valve manifold with 4 electropneumatic valves 3/2, 5/2, 5/3
- actuating unit based on two actuators and a gripper
- sensors informing about the end position of actuators
- digital input/output module
- pulse ON/OFF switch
- safety switch
- display/monitor with interactive visualizations
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional: the ultimate, fully functional engineering environment for SIMATIC controllers that enables designing and programming advanced control systems. The software is ideal for both basic and advanced operations such as:
- Configuration and parameterization of devices
- Determining communication of devices
- Controller programming
- Testing, starting and servicing applications
- Documenting and archiving your work
- Performing diagnostic operations
- Creating and launching sequencers and programs written in high-level languages
- Performing simulation analyses of the developed software
Our tutors are industrial representatives with a vast practical experience in implementation and engineering projects. Their main focus is on passing knowledge of the real examples of problems encountered in their everyday work. They have implemented many systems and conducted a number of courses.
Participants of the course in PLC Siemens S7-300 programming (extended with STL programming) receive a 200-page textbook. Additionally, participants have a possibility of printing the programs they have developed.
Topic areas included in the course program and further information can be found in the following materials:Reference materials:
Benefits for participants
- Understand basic operation principles of the modern automation systems
- Configure connection with the controller and create hardware configurations
- Write programs in LAD/FBD using logic operations, timers and counters
- Understand the basics of structured programming and writing programs in STL
- Identify and use basic testing and monitoring tools for programs written in LAD/FBD/STL
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- A two-course lunch – our cuisine is a combination of traditional, home-made meals known from the modern milk bars and dishes served in restaurants. Every day, there is a selection of soups and main courses.
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- Excellent training conditions in a modern and profesionally equipped PLC Laboratory
- Numerous practical exercises by individual training positions facilitating consolidation of acquired knowledge and skills
- Individual approach to each participant
- Outstanding lecturers from the The Silesian University of Technology and maintenance service departments
- Professionalism, reliability and experience of Poland’s largest training center
- Catering – tasty and hot lunches served by Technopark restaurant
- Professional documentation including numerous examples and presenting the topics in a clear, transparent and comprehensible manner
- Certificate of participation proving acquired skills and knowledge prepared in two languages – Polish and English
- Maintenance services, automation engineers, electricians and electronics technicians
- Anyone interested in gaining knowledge on PLC SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300/400 programming