SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300/400 programming - basic course
- Introduction to design and functions of the Simatic S7-300/400 logic controllers and Simatic Step 7 software
- Learning about the S7 environment with its basic programming functions, configuration and diagnostic tools
- Editing and performing simple controlling tasks in graphic languages LAD, FBD
- Basic STL programming
day 2 h. 8.00 - 16.00
day 3 h. 8.00 - 16.00
day 4 h. 8.00 - 16.00
day 5 h. 8.00 - 13.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
- Information about discounts - contact us! .
We are available if you have any questions or conserns
Apply or enquire about the course
regarding the accuracy of selected training
- Short history of PLC.
- The concept of controlling a process or a machine.
- Modular structure of controllers.
- Connecting the PLC to PC.
- Starting a project in STEP 7.
- Configuring the connection with the PLC.
- Hardware configuration.
- PLC inputs / outputs.
- CPU - basic operation.
- Table of symbols.
- Principles of writing programs - structure and elements of programs.
- Logic operations.
- LAD and FBD languages.
- Monitor and testing tools.
- Basics of structured programming - using the functions with no parameters.
- PLC memory.
- Flip-flops and edges.
- Integers in STEP7.
- Numeral systems
- Comparison operators and jumps
- Project management
- Memory cards
- Introduction to STL language
- Monitor tools for programs written in STL
- Functions with no parameters
- Integers in STL
Participants have individual training positions at their disposal, where they perform industrial tasks based on Siemens S7-300 controllers. The training position consists of the PLC fitted with analog and digital input/output modules combined with a digital and analog signal simulator. Additionally, each controller is connected with the lab station fitted with a valve manifold, manipulator, sensors informing about the end positions of cylinders and pulse buttons.The positions are fitted with:
SIEMENS SIMATIC S7 313C controller
- 128 KB work memory
- 24 digital inputs
- 16 digital outputs
- 5 analog inputs
- 2 analog outputs
- 8 buttons inducing input signals
- Potentiometer regulating the analog input voltage
- LCD displaying analog input voltage
- LCD displaying analog output voltage
- air service unit
- Manifold with 4 electro-pneumatic valves 3/2, 5/2,5/3
- Actuator built of two cylinders and a gripper
- Reed sensors informing about the end position of cylinders
- Digital input/output module
- Impulse ON/OFF switch
- Safety switch
- Display with interactive visualizations
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional: the ultimate, fully functional engineering environment for SIMATIC controllers that enables designing and programming advanced control systems. The software is ideal for both basic and advanced operations such as:
- Configuration and parameterization of devices
- Determining communication of devices
- Controller programming
- Testing, starting and servicing applications
- Documenting and archiving your work
- Performing diagnostic operations
- Creating and launching sequencers and programs written in high-level languages
- Performing simulation analyses of the developed software
Our tutors are industrial representatives with a vast practical experience in implementation and engineering projects. Their main focus is on passing knowledge of the real examples of problems encountered in their everyday work. They have implemented many systems and conducted a number of courses.
Participants of the course in PLC Siemens S7-300 programming (extended with STL programming) receive a 200-page textbook. Additionally, participants have a possibility of printing the programs they have developed.
Topic areas included in the course program and further information can be found in the following materials:Reference materials:
Benefits for participants
- Understand basic operation principles of the modern automation systems
- Configure connection with the controller and create hardware configurations
- Write programs in LAD/FBD using logic operations, timers and counters
- Understand the basics of structured programming and writing programs in STL
- Identify and use basic testing and monitoring tools for programs written in LAD/FBD/STL
- Excellent training conditions in a modern and profesionally equipped PLC Laboratory
- Numerous practical exercises by individual training positions facilitating consolidation of acquired knowledge and skills
- Individual approach to each participant
- Outstanding lecturers from the The Silesian University of Technology and maintenance service departments
- Professionalism, reliability and experience of Poland’s largest training center
- Catering – tasty and hot lunches served by Technopark restaurant
- Professional documentation including numerous examples and presenting the topics in a clear, transparent and comprehensible manner
- Certificate of participation proving acquired skills and knowledge prepared in two languages – Polish and English
- Maintenance services, automation engineers, electricians and electronics technicians
- Anyone interested in gaining knowledge on PLC SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300/400 programming