Our competences were trusted by:
- Overview of the properties of plastics in their operational and processing state
- Overview of the properties of particular groups of plastics
- Acquiring comprehensive knowledge about composite components
- Gaining the skills of evaluating the influence of components on the properties of composites
- Introduction to the methods of producing polymer composites and differences between them
- Introduction to the methods of reinforcing composites and modifying their properties
Laboratory in the Engineering Training Center in Gliwice or the client company
Terms, costs of participation, location and training program are being set individually with the customer
Coursebook, Writting aids, Catering (hot beverages and a full meal)
General technical knowledge, completed TS1 training course or equal
Participants of our courses are entitled to a two-course meal and have unlimited access to Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar
This course is also available as a closed training where the dates, price, locations and the content is settled individually with the Client
After the training course each participant acquires billingual, personal certificate
descriptively confirming acquired skills according to implemented ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 29990:2010 TüV NORD Polska procedures.
- Basic concepts related to composite materials
- Classification and characteristics of plastics
- Chemical composition of polymers and the influence of chemical structure on their properties
- Chemistry behind the crosslinking processes
- Classification of reinforcements (in the distributed phase) – powder and fiber reinforcements
- Influence of polymer processing on the performance characteristics of composites
- Basics of the composite production processes – methods:
- manual laminating,
- spray up,
- vacuum bagging,
- LRTM i RTM,
- autoclave and non-autoclave methods of preimpregnate processing,
- Composite properties – testing methods facilitating evaluation of composite quality
- Assessment of the crosslinking processes – determining the temperature profile for the crosslinking material, simplified methods of testing viscosity and thixotropy of resins, quality testing of gelcoats
- Testing mechanical properties of the non-filled resing and composite materials produced in class – assessment of the influence of reinforcement on mechanical properties of the composite
Participants of the courses have at their disposal equipment and machines available in a given workplace. We can also use the documentation provided by the Client.
Training sessions are carried out by industrial representatives and long-standing member of academic staff from units of higher education with considerable experience in implementation and repair projects. Our tutors work for large industrial plants solving technical problems and performing engineering tasks.
This training is addressed to workers who want to gain or enhance their knowledge on plastics, their production and processing methods.
The main objective of the course is presenting basic theory related to plastics with a view to its practical application in the industry.
Benefits for participants
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Use the fundamental terms in the field of plastics processing
- Understand the basic theory presented during the course
- Understand the necessity of respecting rules for machine exploitation
- Know how to apply the acquired information in practical aspects of their work