Resource and waste management in a foundry
Our competences were trusted by:
- Familiarizing current legal provisions with regard to industrial waste, including casting waste
- Gaining knowledge on the methods of regenerating molding material
- Find out about rules of casting process optimization (smelting, molding, cleaning castings etc.) with regard to resource management and minimizing the waste
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
- Casting waste management regulations
- Methods of regenerating molding material – application, advantages and disadvantages
- Modern methods minimizing the use of different resources in fundamental casting processes and technologies, including:
- Monitoring furnace chimney wear
- Reducing energy consumption in the alloy smelting process
- Modern methods of mold filling to reduce the amount of liquid alloy and increase the amount of final product
- Possibilities of utilizing casting waste in the foundry and other branches of industry
Trainings can be conducted at client‘s premises (foundry) or in EMT-Systems training rooms.
Tutor in this course is long-serving academic teacher specializing in the field of metal casting. He possesses extensive industrial experience, also as a tutor of courses for the engineers working in foundries. He was awarded a number of certificates and qualifications in quality and production management systems. He has written many publications (including industry magazines) and spent two years working as an apprentice in the leading industrial plants, also abroad.
- Perzyk M., Waszkiewicz S., Kaczorowski M., Jopkiewicz A., Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa 2004
- Lewandowski J.J., Tworzywa na formy odlewnicze, WNT Warszawa 1997
- Dańko J., Dańko R., Łucarz M., Procesy i urządzenia do regeneracji osnowy zużytych mas formierskich, Wydawnictwo Naukowe „Akapit”, Krajów 2007
- Collective work edited by Dańko J., Holtzer M., Metody ograniczenia odpadów z procesów odlewniczych oraz sposoby ich zagospodarowania, Wydawnictwo Naukowe „Akapit”, Krajów 2010
- Holtzer M., Gospodarka odpadami i produktami ubocznymi w odlewni, Wyd. AGH, Kraków 2001
- Przewodnik w zakresie Najlepszych Dostępnych Technik. Wytyczne dla branży odlewniczej. Ministerstwo Środowiska, Warszawa 2005
Benefits for participants
- Familiarize current legal provisions and requirements with regard to casting waste in a foundry
- Gain knowledge on the methods of regenerating used molding material
- Find out about the possibilities of managing the waste produced in the foundry
- Engineers working in iron and non-ferrous metal foundries
- Employees working in a foundry (different types) without professional training who want to enhance their qualifications
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!