Modern technologies of producing casts
Our competences were trusted by:
- Acquiring knowledge about the development of casting technologies, including mechanization, automation and robotization of casting processes
- Familiarizing concepts relating to modern pressure casting
- Gaining skills of producing precise castings using lost wax technology
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
- Tendencies in the development of the international casting industry
- Automated flask casting lines
- Automated flaskless casting lines
- Pressure casting as the most automated and robotized casting technology
- Combining casting technologies with other manufacturing techniques (squeeze casting, rheocasting, hybrid mold casting metal-plastic etc.)
- Production of precise castings using lost wax technology – practical exercise
Trainings can be conducted at client‘s premises (foundry) or in EMT-Systems training rooms. In this case, some classes take place in laboratories of our partner school, equipped with all tools and materials necessary to practice the casting production using lost wax technology.
Tutor in this course is long-serving academic teacher specializing in the field of metal casting. He possesses extensive industrial experience, also as a tutor of courses for the engineers working in foundries. He was awarded a number of certificates and qualifications in quality and production management systems. He has written many publications (including industry magazines) and spent two years working as an apprentice in the leading industrial plants, also abroad. Practical activities will be supervised by the foundryman with many years of experience in producing precise castings, including artistic objects.
- Perzyk M., Waszkiewicz S., Kaczorowski M., Jopkiewicz A., Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa 2004
- Gawroński J., Stawarz M., Szajnar J., Wojarski T., Odlewnictwo artystyczne. Formowanie i odlewanie w sztuczkach oraz metodą wytapianych modeli. Wyd. Politechniki Śląskiej, Gliwice 2013
- Gregoraszczuk M., Maszynoznawstwo odlewnicze, Uczelniane Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Dydaktyczne AGH, Kraków 2002
- Gregoraszczuk M., Mechanizacja transportu wewnętrznego w odlewni, Uczelniane Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Dydaktyczne AGH, Kraków 1999
- Dańko J., Maszyny i urządzenia do odlewania pod ciśnieniem, Uczelniane Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Dydaktyczne AGH, Kraków 2000
Benefits for participants
- Learn about the prospects and development paths for the casting industry in Poland and worldwide
- Understand the rules of producing castings on automated flask and flaskless casting lines, pros and cons of both technologies
- Find out about pressure casting technology (high and low pressure)
- Gain the skills of producing precise castings using lost wax technology – practical exercise
- Employees working in a foundry (different types) without professional training
- Employees working in a foundry who want to enhance their professional qualifications
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!