Defects of castings and prevention techniques
Our competences were trusted by:
- Gaining advanced knowledge on terminology and causes of defects occurring in iron and non-ferrous metal alloys
- Familiarizing the rules of casting design minimizing the risk of causing casting defects
- Gaining the skills of casting technology optimization (type and parameters of molding material, inlet channel geometry, mold coating, overheating temperature for liquid alloy etc.) in order to minimize the risk of defects
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
- Classification of casting defects and used terminology
- Standards relating to casting defects and castings quality
- Casting selection criteria
- Crystal defects
- Raw surface defects
- Breaks in continuity
- Internal defects
- Defect prevention techniques including:
- Influence of molding material on the castings quality
- Influence of liquid alloy quality and its parameters on the seriousness of defects
- Influence of mold geometry on the occurrence of defects
- Casting solidification and crystallization and its influence on internal defects
- Computer-assisted casting production process as a tool minimizing the risk of producing faulty defects
Trainings can be conducted at client‘s premises (foundry) or in EMT-Systems training rooms. In this case, some classes take place in laboratories of our partner school, equipped with all necessary tools and materials, including the required software.
Tutor in this course is long-serving academic teacher specializing in the field of metal casting. He possesses extensive industrial experience, also as a tutor of courses for the engineers working in foundries. He was awarded a number of certificates and qualifications in quality and production management systems. He has written many publications (including industry magazines) and spent two years working as an apprentice in the leading industrial plants, also abroad.
- Falęcki Z., Analiza wad odlewów, Wydawnictwo AGH, Kraków 1991
- Perzyk M., Waszkiewicz S., Koczorowski M., Jopkiewicz A., Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa 2004
- Zych J., Analiza wad odlewów, Skrypt AGH, Kraków 2001
- Lewandowski J.J., Tworzywa na formy odlewnicze, WNT Warszawa 1997
- Collective work edited by M. Cholewa Wybrane procesy odlewnicze – laboratorium, Wyd. Pol. Śląskiej Gliwice 2008
Benefits for participants
- Systematize knowledge on classification and terminology used with regard to castings quality
- Gain skills of designing casting technologies with focus on minimizing the risk of producing faulty castings
- Learn about the latest theories and hypotheses explaining the causes of some types of casting defects
- Familiarize modern tools supporting casting design and production processes
- Engineers working in iron and non-ferrous metal foundries
- Quality management employees of the foundries
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!