Casting metal alloys and smelting methods
Our competences were trusted by:
- Acquiring basic information about the materials (metal alloys) used to produce casts
- Learning about the smelting processes in typical foundry furnaces
- Gaining skills of preparing and performing the smelting proces in the electric induction furnace
See the laboratory
- A certificate of completion in 2 languages – Polish and English
- Educational aids: scripts
- Access to specialist magazines and technical literature
- Writing aids (pen, notebook)
- A bag of company gadgets
- Complete care of idividually assigned customer service person
- Participant Cards with discounts to partner restaurants / pubs in Gliwice
day 2 h. 9.00 - 16.00
fax: +48 32 720 20 52
- Classification of foundry furnaces – iron alloys and non-ferrous metals
- Tendencies in the development and application of modern casting alloys (Austempered Ductile Iron, vermicular cast iron, nickel superalloys , aluminum alloys, skeleton castings etc.)
- Types of foundry furnaces and smelting processes:
- Electric arc furnace
- Electric induction furnace
- Other (less commonly used) types of foundry furnaces
- Calculating the material in the feed to sustain the smelting process in the foundry furnace – practical exercises
- Iron smelting in the electric induction furnace – practical exercises
Trainings can be conducted at client‘s premises (foundry) or in EMT-Systems training rooms. In this case, some classes take place in laboratories of our partner school, equipped with all tools (foundry furnace) and materials (feedstock) necessary to practice the iron smelting process.
Tutor in this course is long-serving academic teacher specializing in the field of metal casting. He possesses extensive industrial experience, also as a tutor of courses for the engineers working in foundries. He was awarded a number of certificates and qualifications in quality and production management systems. He has written many publications (including industry magazines) and spent two years working as an apprentice in the leading industrial plants, also abroad. Practical activities will be supervised by the smelter with many years of experience in operating foundry furnaces.
- Perzyk M., Waszkiewicz S., Kaczorowski M., Jopkiewicz A., Odlewnictwo, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa 2004
- Telejko I., Wytapianie stopów odlewniczych, Wyd. Stowarzyszenia Technicznego Odlewników Polskich, Kraków 2008
- Janerka K., Nawęglanie ciekłych stopów żelaza, Wyd. Politechniki Śląskiej, Gliwice 2010
- Collective work edited by Rączka J. red., Technologia odlewnictwa – Laboratorium, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków 1994
Benefits for participants
- Tell how to use different types of foundry furnaces to produce different metal alloys
- Understand the classification and significance of casting specific groups of alloys
- Calculate material in the feed to sustain the smelting process
- Run the iron smelting proces in the electric induction furnace
- Employees working in a foundry (different types) without professional training
- Employees working in a foundry who want to enhance their professional qualifications
The essential elements of the training courses organized by EMT-Systems are content, well-qualified trainers and modern equipment. However, as the Engineering Training Center we also pay attention to the highest quality of catering services.Each day of the course the participants receive:
- Unlimited access to our EMT Coffi Di‘Italian Espresso Bar. During short breaks in classes our students may use the fully stocked coffee bar:
- THERMOPLAN BW 4 – a professional Swiss coffee machine used in best cafes. You may choose the coffee you like best - Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, Caffe Latte and Turkish Coffee.
- Traditional vending machine serving different types of coffees and hot beverages such as tea, hot chocolate or borscht.
- A selection of kettles, coffees and teas for self service.
- Sparkling and still mineral water, squash.
- A selection of cookies and fruit.
- A two-course lunch - the cuisine offered by two nearby diners is a combination of traditional, home-made flavors known from modern dairy bars with meals served in restaurants.
The highlight is the aroma of freshly ground coffee!